PDA

View Full Version : Mods priority

zyxelenator
06-10-2013, 09:20 PM
Hi guys,
I have 13 500T.
I have forge blow off plate, Sila short intake(swapping for Injen, when I come back to states) and MM box.
I decided that I will be adding mods little by little and not using Credit Card :),just bonus checks,B-day and Christmas money. And that will keep me from getting another car, because I got bored.
Right now I will be ordering short shifter adapter,since I don't 100% satisfied how stock shifter shifts.

So, how would you prioritize your upgrades?
ATP turbo Downpipe $300 (no inspections in KY, so who cares about damn cat? :))
Wastegate Actuator $200
Ported TB $200
Intercooler $700
Turbo blanket $175
Xenon HID from Madness $300
Color matching Headlights and Turn signals $800

charliesheen
06-10-2013, 11:04 PM
Since I don't have those mods yet, I wont be of much help responding to this, but if anyone can answer a noob question for me, i'd appreciate it. What does an aftermarket wastegate actuator do exactly? I tried Googling it, but couldn't find a clear answer. Does it provide gains, or sound? What does it do?

zyxelenator
06-10-2013, 11:31 PM
To my understanding it is set to release pressure at higher setting than stock. Ex: stock is set to release at 18 psi, aftermarket is set to 20-21 psi.

DS Ocampo
06-10-2013, 11:53 PM
Shagghie loves his...

Holds boost better than that stock crap.. Not a serious HP bolt on go zzzzoooooommmm thing, but you'll feel how well it holds the power better...

You can always just dump 4k+ and get it all and some others we do not speak off yet :).. Like I did but I'm trying to push custom ECU tunes hopefully soon for everyone ..

zyxelenator
06-11-2013, 01:57 AM
Well, just bought TMC downpipe from a guy who sold his Dart and never installed it.

Daytona 500
06-11-2013, 10:20 PM
In MHO I would sell the Forge BOP and get the Forge BOV either re-circ or VTA if you want the sound. The plate just makes noise but offers no performance benefit. Because you are running a MM box and calling for more boost the up graded BOV will hold the boost you are producing better. When you order get the next higher spring also. Only a couple bucks and quick to install in the event you need to up grade the BOV pressure later down the road.

Next I would add a bit of preload to your stock WGA if you haven't already. You can get the Forge WGA down the road a bit.

Soo, rather than spend the 200.00 on the WGA now, (see above) I would get the Modern Performance ported throttle body. I feel it is a good bang for the buck and have not heard any one that has been disappointed with the results.

I have the ATP down pipe and I like the design, quality, and fit, however with out a true OBD Tune you wont see the full potential of a cat-less down pipe, so I would put that toward the end. IF However you are talking about the catted version I would get that sooner than later, just understand the front pipe now becomes a bit of a restriction but you will still benefit from the catted high flow down pipe because the factory down pipe has an outlet size of 1.85", where most aftermarket DP's are 2.5" out.

Some are going with larger inter-coolers and having success I just worry the turbo may be a bit to small for the larger volume to be filled. Also most agree the factory set up, although a bit complicated, works well and is efficient.

The lights are all your preference, knock your self out.

The turbo blanket will keep under hood temps down, which is always good. Add this when ever you feel the need to.

You may want to consider modern Performance's under drive pulley. For 200 and change it lightens rotating weight at the front of the crank and under drives the accessories 20%. Norca SSl just installed one and posted he feels the difference and I did a write up on it also.

So that's my suggestion, happy modding.
Hi guys,
I have 13 500T.
I have forge blow off plate, Sila short intake(swapping for Injen, when I come back to states) and MM box.
I decided that I will be adding mods little by little and not using Credit Card :),just bonus checks,B-day and Christmas money. And that will keep me from getting another car, because I got bored.
Right now I will be ordering short shifter adapter,since I don't 100% satisfied how stock shifter shifts.

So, how would you prioritize your upgrades?
ATP turbo Downpipe $300 (no inspections in KY, so who cares about damn cat? :))
Wastegate Actuator $200
Ported TB $200
Intercooler $700
Turbo blanket $175
Xenon HID from Madness $300
Color matching Headlights and Turn signals $800