PDA

View Full Version : Moving "Welcome" subforum to the top of the forum main

stratofortress
06-10-2013, 03:54 PM
Why is the welcome subforum so close to the bottom of the forum main? Seems counterintuitive for newbies to scroll all the way down where no one looks to make their first post. I know I missed it when I bought my A500 so I just made a post in the A500 general.

I think doing this would encourage newer members to post (in the correct place, might I add), plus it's nice for a subforum where intros and newbie questions can be seen with high visibility; might even attract non-users to register.

Just a thought.

Fiat500USA
06-16-2013, 11:18 PM
Why is the welcome subforum so close to the bottom of the forum main? Seems counterintuitive for newbies to scroll all the way down where no one looks to make their first post. I know I missed it when I bought my A500 so I just made a post in the A500 general.

I think doing this would encourage newer members to post (in the correct place, might I add), plus it's nice for a subforum where intros and newbie questions can be seen with high visibility; might even attract non-users to register.

Just a thought.

Hmm... that is something I'll re-examine. Thanks for the input. Originally, I put this towards the end so folks would see stories and threads to get interested in and start clicking. I'll take a look again at it and see what the consensus is. Anyone else want to chime in?

NGEN
07-01-2013, 12:28 AM
Have to agree - Welcome forum should be at the top - great way for more of us to welcome new members

Fiat500USA
07-21-2013, 07:57 PM
Done! Thanks for the input and insight!

Andree
07-21-2013, 09:53 PM
Hmm... that is something I'll re-examine. Thanks for the input. Originally, I put this towards the end so folks would see stories and threads to get interested in and start clicking. I'll take a look again at it and see what the consensus is. Anyone else want to chime in?

I like it at the top. But I never used it when I signed up. I just barged in, as usual.

stratofortress
08-20-2013, 11:43 PM
Looks good, thanks Chris!

Fiat500USA
08-20-2013, 11:54 PM
Looks good, thanks Chris!

Yours and everyones input is much appreciated!