PDA

View Full Version : Hey MADNESS, I've been looking for a decent review on your coilover kit...

F1AT
06-08-2013, 11:05 AM
And have come up empty handed!
Even on your own store front no one has reviewed those bad boys.
Google is no help either :blue:

Point me in the direction of someone talking about their experiences with the kit?
I've got my hand on the purchase button, but weary with the lack of reviews behind the product.

Thanks guys!

beerchug

Abarth Phreak
06-08-2013, 12:42 PM
And have come up empty handed!
Even on your own store front no one has reviewed those bad boys.
Google is no help either :blue:

Point me in the direction of someone talking about their experiences with the kit?
I've got my hand on the purchase button, but weary with the lack of reviews behind the product.

Thanks guys!

beerchug

Send a PM to Shaggie...he has a set.

F1AT
06-08-2013, 01:48 PM
Send a PM to Shaggie...he has a set.

Thanks, I sent him a PM.
Bought them anyways, guess I'll do the first actual review... :)

F1AT
06-10-2013, 04:10 PM
Kind of scary to see there is no official reply to this from anyone at Madness...

SuperTony
06-10-2013, 04:19 PM
I purchased the Madness "Mild Drop" springs and loved them. I have since moved to the BC Coilovers and would sell the Madness springs if someone was interested. Fronts never mounted and rears with only 200 miles on them. Just sayin' :smile:

MADNESSLuckyJay
06-10-2013, 05:38 PM
Kind of scary to see there is no official reply to this from anyone at Madness...

only because we were slammed! All the people that get them installed here at the shop love them! We haven't had any complaints over any issues. Hopefully Shaggie has some kind words, let us know what you think!

shagghie
06-10-2013, 06:15 PM
only because we were slammed! All the people that get them installed here at the shop love them! We haven't had any complaints over any issues. Hopefully Shaggie has some kind words, let us know what you think!

They were a market improvement over stock around the cones, that much is certain. The fronts I like a lot.. great turn-in, less break-dive, and just overall better grip in the front (maintains better tire patch getting on it out of the corners). The built looks great... no complaints there either.

The rears I think suffer, however. I only have a few coils that aren't bound (dead) when the car is sitting with no driver in it, and I'm not lower all the way or anything either. I think I stiffer spring with less coils even would be better, as I do ride the bump stops more than I'd like and have some bounce on the freeway over the jounces.

All in, though, for the price I honestly don't think they can be beat, and are definitely an improvement over stock, which is pretty hard to beat to begin with. If we can collectively solve the problem in the rear together, our cars will ride a lot nicer down the road, and probably around the cones as well.

The madness are easy to adjust with the included tool, and have, and have proven reliable as well. While I don't expect them to keep up with the Fortune coil overs, nor even the BC's (obviously in terms of more adjustments), I DO think that again, for the money, you get a solid product.

Abarth Phreak
06-10-2013, 10:29 PM
They were a market improvement over stock around the cones, that much is certain. The fronts I like a lot.. great turn-in, less break-dive, and just overall better grip in the front (maintains better tire patch getting on it out of the corners). The built looks great... no complaints there either.

The rears I think suffer, however. I only have a few coils that aren't bound (dead) when the car is sitting with no driver in it, and I'm not lower all the way or anything either. I think I stiffer spring with less coils even would be better, as I do ride the bump stops more than I'd like and have some bounce on the freeway over the jounces.

All in, though, for the price I honestly don't think they can be beat, and are definitely an improvement over stock, which is pretty hard to beat to begin with. If we can collectively solve the problem in the rear together, our cars will ride a lot nicer down the road, and probably around the cones as well.

The madness are easy to adjust with the included tool, and have, and have proven reliable as well. While I don't expect them to keep up with the Fortune coil overs, nor even the BC's (obviously in terms of more adjustments), I DO think that again, for the money, you get a solid product.

Great honest review Shaggie! I am sure Madness will hear it and start asking some questions to the MFG for possible improvements. (I hope at least)

trevc
06-11-2013, 09:56 AM
Shoulda gone with the BCs - they have lots of great reviews!

F1AT
06-12-2013, 11:17 AM
Shoulda gone with the BCs - they have lots of great reviews!

Will most likely sell to go that route.
The lack of any information on these ones make me iffy on running them on Wisconsin's **** roads.

shagghie
06-12-2013, 11:26 AM
Will most likely sell to go that route.
The lack of any information on these ones make me iffy on running them on Wisconsin's **** roads.

Been there done that. 4 years at Ripon, and both the girls I dated drove Chevy Celebrities...the worst car I think I've ever been in. The both lost suspension parts at one point or the other.
No really... like, stuff fell off the car. The roads can be bad, but those cars...they would have fallen apart in a museum.