PDA

View Full Version : PCM trouble

Dorothee
06-07-2013, 11:33 AM
It started with an errant esc light on the dash... then MANY lights on the dash... then it wouldn't start. The car had to be towed to my dealer. 4 days later they thought they had fixed it but as I was driving home that nasty little esc light came on again and I turned right around went back to the dealer. After waiting an hour and a half, they finally arranged a rental car for me.
Now they are replacing the PCM - powertrain control module. Has anyone else had this experience?

jguerdat
06-07-2013, 01:06 PM
Nope but the PCM would be a good place to start.

Tweak
06-07-2013, 07:12 PM
Welcome to the forum, not yet heard of this problem as described but I hope it gets resolved quickly.

FiatCares
06-10-2013, 10:31 AM
It started with an errant esc light on the dash... then MANY lights on the dash... then it wouldn't start. The car had to be towed to my dealer. 4 days later they thought they had fixed it but as I was driving home that nasty little esc light came on again and I turned right around went back to the dealer. After waiting an hour and a half, they finally arranged a rental car for me.
Now they are replacing the PCM - powertrain control module. Has anyone else had this experience?

yes, good place to start, Im thinking its either the PCM or instrument cluster