PDA

View Full Version : Ambient Thermal Management Boost Gauge Group Buy!

Pages : 1 [2]

mudking
09-26-2013, 12:28 PM
Payment sent
+1

trevc
09-26-2013, 12:46 PM
+1

Payment sent

Kurumi
09-26-2013, 05:00 PM
Can we combine on shipping? e.g. Chris and myself to one address?

ABARTH TAMER
09-26-2013, 05:54 PM
Payment Sent.

shagghie
09-26-2013, 06:52 PM
Bal + Shipping payment sent for the boob gauge!!! W00t!

TurboBullett@Ambient Thermal Management
09-26-2013, 06:55 PM
Can we combine on shipping? e.g. Chris and myself to one address?

Sorry we have to ship each package to confirmed addresses or we are not covered thru paypal!

pk9394
09-26-2013, 07:08 PM
done, payment send

JT-1812

banzaitoyota
09-26-2013, 07:38 PM
Payment sent, JG Windsor SC

Gigante
09-26-2013, 08:05 PM
Payment sentbigclap

Abarth Phreak
09-26-2013, 10:25 PM
Payment and PM sent!xyxwave

doadea
09-27-2013, 09:46 AM
Payment Sent

shagghie
09-27-2013, 01:21 PM
I just got my shipment tracking info! We made it folks! grouphug

Gigante
09-27-2013, 01:38 PM

+1 Yup, mine arrives on Monday. Can't wait to make my way home fom PA on Monday afternoon. It will be just like Christmas. Thanks ATM

trevc
09-27-2013, 01:45 PM
+1 Mine should be here Tuesday. Hopefully I will get time to install it before the Tail of the Dragon meet and drive.

redred
09-27-2013, 02:05 PM

+1 Same here. Thursday arrival for me. Yay!

musicsurf
09-27-2013, 02:20 PM
Payment sent.

pk9394
09-27-2013, 06:04 PM
+1 Same here. Thursday arrival for me. Yay!

me too, i am going to receive it by next monday

pk9394
09-27-2013, 06:06 PM
now, i have to find a wire hanger, thats the only tool i don't have LOL

banzaitoyota
09-27-2013, 09:36 PM
No tracking info for me:sad:

Abarth Phreak
09-27-2013, 09:42 PM
Wow!!! Got mine today! Thanks guys!!!!! Soooooo excited!!! Gonna be a good night doing the install then waking up in morning like Christmas!!!! Whhooosshhhh!!!!!

Just kidding...it arrives Thursday. Just preparing for it....xxrotflmao

ultramagnus
09-29-2013, 10:11 PM
sent payment. ty!

Papa Gluth
09-30-2013, 02:23 PM
Payment sent.

White Abarth
09-30-2013, 06:40 PM
Mine arrived this afternoon! Woohoo!!

Nice looking piece of kit. Good work guys!

Now I just need to plan some time to do my install.

Gigante
09-30-2013, 10:51 PM
+1 Yup, mine arrives on Monday. Can't wait to make my way home fom PA on Monday afternoon. It will be just like Christmas. Thanks ATM

Thank you ATM, I just arrived home from PA, after being away for a week, and my wife handed me the box with the boost gauge, it arrived tooday-Nice! Well worth the wait and what a great job:thumbsup:Can't wait to install it later this week. I will be sure to share some pic'sdancingsmilies

mr_robs
10-02-2013, 09:26 PM
Waiting on PM back for my final invoice.

chrisnov500
10-03-2013, 10:59 AM
Paymeny sent!!! :burnout:

mudking
10-03-2013, 12:07 PM
Installed this last night, about 3 hours total with a couple 15 minute breaks with help from a friend.Hardest part was the finicky removal of the cowl, and the plastic firewall piece...last nights boost report showed a peak of 23psi with 22sustained at WOT with sport on of course. Now I can't wait for the next piece out of ATM's stable, bring on the FMIC!!! Thanks ATM!

10-03-2013, 12:55 PM
To those that haven't recieved shipping info and have paid we will be shipping your kit out as soon as possible we ran out of set screws and just waiting on them to come in. Everything else is ready to go!

doadea
10-03-2013, 02:14 PM
Git mine installed. I like it! Especially the start-up sequence it goes though. :) Thanks ATM!

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f195/doadea/PA010194_zpseae91549.jpg (http://s47.photobucket.com/user/doadea/media/PA010194_zpseae91549.jpg.html)

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f195/doadea/PA010199_zpse4f778e9.jpg (http://s47.photobucket.com/user/doadea/media/PA010199_zpse4f778e9.jpg.html)

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f195/doadea/PA010200_zpsfa92d797.jpg (http://s47.photobucket.com/user/doadea/media/PA010200_zpsfa92d797.jpg.html)

redred
10-03-2013, 03:21 PM
Just got mine today. Trying to figure out when I will have a few hours for the install, but I'm very excited! The kit is great. Gauge, hoses, clamps, t-off, etc. I am really surprised that it included absolutely everything I need for install. Well done guys. Thanks!

trevc
10-04-2013, 09:33 AM
Finished the install last night.
Nice to finally have a real boost gauge!
Some pictures of the install here http://s1273.photobucket.com/user/Trevor_Cotton/library/ATM%20Boost%20Gauge

One minor gripe - this gauge is not dimmable and the blue digits are bright at night. I may see if I can find some film to put on to filter some of the light.
Any ideas anybody what to use?

Thanks ATM for making this product for us!

shagghie
10-04-2013, 01:05 PM
Hey as you all install your BG's, if you don't mind, also post to this thread:
http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/showthread.php?12101-Un-Official-Mechanical-Boost-Gauge-Peak-Sustained-Boost-Registry&p=631652#post631652

Hoping will help us get some benchmarking and also see how diff HW/SW mods affect peak/sustained boost out there, now that we have real mechanical boost!

10-04-2013, 04:49 PM
Finished the install last night.
Nice to finally have a real boost gauge!
Some pictures of the install here http://s1273.photobucket.com/user/Trevor_Cotton/library/ATM%20Boost%20Gauge

One minor gripe - this gauge is not dimmable and the blue digits are bright at night. I may see if I can find some film to put on to filter some of the light.
Any ideas anybody what to use?

Thanks ATM for making this product for us!

Glad you like the gauge kit.

The dimming function on this car and specifically the harness we connect into all runs through the canbus signals not the conventional wire in way...

10-04-2013, 04:52 PM
Just got mine today. Trying to figure out when I will have a few hours for the install, but I'm very excited! The kit is great. Gauge, hoses, clamps, t-off, etc. I am really surprised that it included absolutely everything I need for install. Well done guys. Thanks!

We are happy you like the kit and our presentation of it. :D

mr_robs
10-05-2013, 05:06 AM
Paid in full!

10-05-2013, 08:16 AM
Guys we are expecting the hardware to arrive today and we will ship out several more kits on Monday, sorry about the delay! We are fully stocked and can ship out all remaining kits so if you haven't paid please do so, we will be emailing the 5 people yet to pay a PayPal bill- if you don't want the kit please let us know as we have a few people on a waiting list!

Abarth Phreak
10-05-2013, 11:26 AM
Got mine...thanks ATM. The most exciting thing to me is the ATM Vinyl that comes with it! coolgleam

pk9394
10-05-2013, 05:52 PM
Takes little over 2 hours to install. Installation is easy, but taking it long is because so many steps. to me the hardest part is pulling the wire through the firewall. with the plug, I can't really pull it through. I end up cut the wire, and solder them back. Is a lot more easier to pull without the plug. My 2013 firewall wire plug or whatever it call, is a lot bigger and longer than the Abarth in ATM video.

Looks good!

Abarth Phreak
10-05-2013, 10:11 PM
Installed my kit today...uggghhh! It was not "Hard" but I am a bigger guy trying to fit under that dash REALLYYYY sucks dog dangles! Hated it.

The video instruction is not correct so that through me off also for a bit. (Wires go through the larger square, not the smaller square)

I HIGHLY advise anyone using the supplied spring clamps to wear safety glasses in case they come loose while compressing. They love to become projectiles and can put an eye out. Also I was not able to use the larger ones as they just did not want to open enough to fit the hose. I used cable ties and electrical tape to secure the T.

It took me about 2.5 hours to install in slow mode and referencing the video the entire time.

I also need another ATM decal so I have one for each side of the car. How much are they I wonder???

Overall another homerun ATM A++++++++ Product kit.

pk9394
10-07-2013, 03:41 PM
Hello ATM, question?
I see a multiple color flashing at the start up. I think that should be a option that can change the gauge color. Can I change the color on my end?

Thanks,

JT

ksig421
10-07-2013, 03:46 PM
I want one of these so bad!! Please do another group buy asap!!

WegoFaster@Ambient Thermal Management
10-07-2013, 03:57 PM
Hello ATM, question?
I see a multiple color flashing at the start up. I think that should be a option that can change the gauge color. Can I change the color on my end?

Thanks,

JT

You can unsolder the orange wire and solder the white wire to the positive power pin.

pk9394
10-07-2013, 04:31 PM
You can unsolder the orange wire and solder the white wire to the positive power pin.

thanks for the reply, with the steps you provide I can select color I want? is that correct? thanks again!

10-07-2013, 06:36 PM
thanks for the reply, with the steps you provide I can select color I want? is that correct? thanks again!

No this gauge is only white or amber by doing the above steps you will switch the backlight to white.

musicsurf
10-07-2013, 07:06 PM
This gauge is awesome and the way it should have been from the factory. Fit and finish are absolutely perfect. Based on the quality of this piece I can't wait to see the FMIC. Install was straight forward and took me about an hour and forty five minutes. It is really nice to be able to see accurate boost levels while driving now. Thanks ATM!

chrisnov500
10-08-2013, 11:31 AM
Hi ATM, I still havent received my shipping info yet.
Can you check on it when you get a chance?

Thanks!

I cant wait!! :D

10-08-2013, 03:52 PM
All thos that have paid your gauges have shipped. This latest shipment was sent out via USPS priority which generally means faster delivery times BUT USPS doesn't auto email tracking #'s. I will email these customers the tracking info either tonight or very early tomm morning!

chrisnov500
10-08-2013, 05:13 PM
All thos that have paid your gauges have shipped. This latest shipment was sent out via USPS priority which generally means faster delivery times BUT USPS doesn't auto email tracking #'s. I will email these customers the tracking info either tonight or very early tomm morning!

Thank you sir! :)

Papa Gluth
10-09-2013, 12:48 PM
Out for delivery!!! :frantic4yc:

mr_robs
10-10-2013, 05:48 PM
http://i621.photobucket.com/albums/tt294/britishbadass/IMG_3726.jpg (http://s621.photobucket.com/user/britishbadass/media/IMG_3726.jpg.html)

installed!

redred
10-14-2013, 02:33 PM
Installed over the weekend. I'm a pretty tall guy, so I had a much more difficult time with the cowl around the steering column than anything else. I just couldn't contort my body around in a comfortable way to get to those screws underneath. Other than that, very straight forward install. One warning - the two plastic covers over the wiper blade assembly are fragile. I broke one very easily when trying to remove them. Fortunately, it is only a $2.60 part so no big deal. All in, the install took me about 2 hours total.

Here's a list of tools needed:

Phillips screwdriver
T15 Torx bit
2 allen keys (don't recall the sizes, but they were for the gauge install into the gauge pod)
7mm socket for fusebox screw
10mm socket for rubber wire cover boot
13mm sockets for plastic nuts on the firewall
Small flat blade screwdriver to remove the stock gauge wiring connector
Plastic Pin lifter/door panel tool/needle nose pliers - one of these to remove the plastic pins from the cowl
Long solid gauge electrical wire or coat hanger or fish tape
Black electrical tape & scissors
Razor blade

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk263/staceydodds/file_zps668f87de.jpg

Abarth Five O
10-14-2013, 03:11 PM
Installed over the weekend. I'm a pretty tall guy, so I had a much more difficult time with the cowl around the steering column than anything else. I just couldn't contort my body around in a comfortable way to get to those screws underneath. Other than that, very straight forward install. One warning - the two plastic covers over the wiper blade assembly are fragile. I broke one very easily when trying to remove them. Fortunately, it is only a $2.60 part so no big deal. All in, the install took me about 2 hours total.

Here's a list of tools needed:

Phillips screwdriver
T15 Torx bit
2 allen keys (don't recall the sizes, but they were for the gauge install into the gauge pod)
7mm socket for fusebox screw
10mm socket for rubber wire cover boot
13mm sockets for plastic nuts on the firewall
Small flat blade screwdriver to remove the stock gauge wiring connector
Plastic Pin lifter/door panel tool/needle nose pliers - one of these to remove the plastic pins from the cowl
Long solid gauge electrical wire or coat hanger or fish tape
Black electrical tape & scissors
Razor blade

Nice install Stacey! I may hit u up if I get the courage to install this gauge in the future.

ABARTH TAMER
10-14-2013, 03:31 PM
Nice job Stacy.

I'm 6-4, so after your report, I will be delaying my install!

Gigante
10-15-2013, 12:36 PM
Thank you ATM, this gauge is awesome. Can't thank you guys enough for putting in the efforts to bring us this gauge to us. Certainly it was worth the wait.https://www.dropbox.com/s/w7mgh2ziju0571l/RR10.jpg

musicsurf
10-15-2013, 01:04 PM
Nice job Stacy.

I'm 6-4, so after your report, I will be delaying my install!

I'm 6'3". Install wasn't bad.

Abarth Phreak
10-15-2013, 02:05 PM
I'm 6'3". Install wasn't bad.

Its not necessarily the height, its your body size. Getting under that dash is a pain as I expressed before after my install. However, once its done...you forget about that part and realize how nice the gauge is. Its so nice, I don't even realize it is there much now as it just seems to "Belong".

redred
10-15-2013, 02:09 PM
Its not necessarily the height, its your body size. Getting under that dash is a pain as I expressed before after my install. However, once its done...you forget about that part and realize how nice the gauge is. Its so nice, I don't even realize it is there much now as it just seems to "Belong".

yeah I should have clarified that. I'm not just tall, I'm a little round too ;)

Kurumi
10-16-2013, 11:29 PM
Sent my money last week but wondered if the gauge is in the mail? :) Can't wait to install it.

Abarth Phreak
10-17-2013, 12:06 AM
yeah I should have clarified that. I'm not just tall, I'm a little round too ;)

I think it is contagious Stacy....:onthego:

Hope to see you again soon!

10-19-2013, 01:49 PM
Guys we have shipped the last gauge from this Group Buy and will start a new one on Monday due to the overwhelming positive reaction to the kit :encouragement: this GB will run through much faster as we will get a solid commitment from the gauge manufacturer as to how many gauges exist in the US supply!

RagingBullWinkle
10-20-2013, 09:44 AM
"will start a new one on Monday due to the overwhelming positive reaction to the kit "

Same deal pay in full or 50 dep.? I'm interested
Thanks
-RBW-

lenswerks
10-20-2013, 02:27 PM
Installed my boost gauge Saturday morning, took about 2 hours. Removing the wiper arms was a challenge.
I have a wiper arm extractor set and was able to use it on the passenger side, but none of my adapters would fit under the drivers side arm as the recessed area was too small to get the tool positioned correctly.

I ended up only removing the one wiper arm and I could get my hand in there with a stubby driver to remove the cowl fasteners.

A long 1/4" drive socket extension with swivel was useful to get to the wire harness cover bolt on driver's side.
Was able to pull the wire back to engine compartment easy - Use electrical tape as it will hold better, will not rip off and provide less friction than any other.

I like the digital display of the gauge as much easier and safer to just glance at the gauge at WOT than reading a needle. Also like that vacuum is included as that is just as important to me as a boost reading.

Thanks for engineering the kit ATM - Looks great, works great!

ABARTH TAMER
10-20-2013, 11:17 PM
Installed mine today. Nice quality and works well.

All is not well though... My HVAC blows the fan at full speed, and the HVAC controls are dead. Checked all fuses. May have nicked a wire when passing through the fire wall, Any ideas? This is the optional auto temp control system.

10-21-2013, 07:11 PM

All is not well though... My HVAC blows the fan at full speed, and the HVAC controls are dead. Checked all fuses. May have nicked a wire when passing through the fire wall, Any ideas? This is the optional auto temp control system.

Sounds like you disconnected a harness under the dash during the install, it's highly unlikely that the wires we use in the gauge setup(which power the factory gauge) would cause an issue in the climate control. Take a look and manually push together all harnesses leading up to the center console.

Rowtarded
10-22-2013, 11:01 PM
So is there a group buy going on for this right now?

10-23-2013, 12:21 PM
So is there a group buy going on for this right now?

We are going to start another one very soon!

ABARTH TAMER
10-23-2013, 12:43 PM

Update: Found problem. Actually, cut one of the wires with the coat hanger when pushing through the firewall. Turned out to be the one for HVAC. Took awhile, and required the hands of a surgeon to splice in a new wire. All good now.

Just be careful! Don't get too close the main wire harness when pushing through the firewall.

Abarth Phreak
10-23-2013, 11:30 PM
Update: Found problem. Actually, cut one of the wires with the coat hanger when pushing through the firewall. Turned out to be the one for HVAC. Took awhile, and required the hands of a surgeon to splice in a new wire. All good now.

Just be careful! Don't get too close the main wire harness when pushing through the firewall.

I actually thought about that during my install and forgot to mention it. After I cut the coat hanger I used my dremel to knock the sharp edges to a rounded point. I also taper taped the pulled wires to make sure they would pass without snagging other stuff. I was actually impressed at how well that worked out especially after reading an earlier story from the guy who just spliced it because he had issue pulling it. It pulled almost like butter! I still want to get back under dash and secure the wires to prevent them from dangling or rubbing on any sharp edges if there are any.

ksig421
10-24-2013, 10:02 AM
I just installed the boost gauge and I love it! It is probably my favorite mod yet! It took me just over three hours by myself. I had a very hard time getting the wire through the firewall. Thanks ATM for a great product!! Oh and the decal is pretty awesome too!8254

ultramagnus
10-26-2013, 12:55 PM
I could not wait to install mine, I was so excited. But from the time I ordered it and before it came, I have had a downfall with my vehicle and no longer going to be having it for a long time so I going to post mine in the classified forum :(

shagghie
10-26-2013, 01:11 PM
I could not wait to install mine, I was so excited. But from the time I ordered it and before it came, I have had a downfall with my vehicle and no longer going to be having it for a long time so I going to post mine in the classified forum :(

oh noes!!! waht happened? PM me your email, I think my dad wants the BG for his Abarth so this would be perfect.

Abarth Five O
10-27-2013, 01:39 AM
We are going to start another one very soon!
Look forward to it.

Abarth Five O
10-28-2013, 09:36 PM
Do you have any currently in stock for sale and ready to ship?

shagghie
10-28-2013, 11:58 PM
Boost spoiler:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOIW1Qww9vc

Abarth Phreak
10-30-2013, 01:27 AM
Boost spoiler:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOIW1Qww9vc

I can't stop staring at the green dash light....LOL. Watched it 3 times too. Too shaky Shaggie!!! Reminds me that I need to upgrade my GoPro mount.....thanks!

shagghie
10-30-2013, 02:06 AM
I can't stop staring at the green dash light....LOL. Watched it 3 times too. Too shaky Shaggie!!! Reminds me that I need to upgrade my GoPro mount.....thanks!
Ha! You are supposed to just be watching the blue digital readout of the boost gauge! What was it about the green light lol! :-) it's hard to drive, WOT shift with one hand, in the rain, and still hope your camera is aimed at that gauge!

ABARTH TAMER
10-30-2013, 09:01 AM
Looks good, this is with no piggyback?

WegoFaster@Ambient Thermal Management
10-30-2013, 10:00 AM

Not sure about the tune but he does have our intercooler.

10-31-2013, 09:52 PM
New Group Buy is up..

http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/showthread.php?12489-Fall-Boost-Gauge-Group-Buy-2

shagghie
11-01-2013, 12:31 AM

I've got the MM ECM on there now set to 58%...

boostaddict
01-17-2014, 07:30 AM
Is this still available? I need a boost gauge !

01-17-2014, 04:35 PM
Is this still available? I need a boost gauge !

Our current production run is sold out, we plan on starting a new Group Buy as early as next week.(once we start shipping the current GB)

Abarth Five O
02-04-2014, 03:35 AM
Received my ATM BG today from 2nd GB. Well made and designed. Reviewed DIY install video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yUFetlLuig#t=344

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yUFetlLuig#t=344
Before diving in to install, wondering if there are any updates to make install easier i.e. removing cowl and other pieces to avoid breaking clips, etc., passing coat hanger wire w/ BG harness wire through grommet in firewall to avoid cutting other wires in harness. Any tips would be appreciated.

Tweak
02-04-2014, 11:02 PM
Received my ATM BG today from 2nd GB. Well made and designed. Reviewed DIY install video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yUFetlLuig#t=344

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yUFetlLuig#t=344
Before diving in to install, wondering if there are any updates to make install easier i.e. removing cowl and other pieces to avoid breaking clips, etc., passing coat hanger wire w/ BG harness wire through grommet in firewall to avoid cutting other wires in harness. Any tips would be appreciated.

I don't have the part but I can say this...IF you remove the cowl just plan to replace the two outer most clips and assume they are going to break. I know from doing it they almost always break.

Abarth Five O
02-05-2014, 02:53 PM
I don't have the part but I can say this...IF you remove the cowl just plan to replace the two outer most clips and assume they are going to break. I know from doing it they almost always break.

Tweak, do you have the part #? Does Mopar On line have the best prices for these clips as well as other Fiat parts?

Tweak
02-05-2014, 09:57 PM
Tweak, do you have the part #? Does Mopar On line have the best prices for these clips as well as other Fiat parts?

I have the # but I am not certain who (besides ATM that has them available).

Part # is 0071752832

Mopar Parts Online does offer a nice selection at reasonable prices (at least in some cases) but again for the clips I really don't know since multiple dealers in several states did not have these but mine now should since I shared the # with the parts guy there.

Abarth Five O
02-08-2014, 08:04 PM
Successfully installed ATB BG today. The DIY video was very helpful. Thanks to the advice from ATM and Redred, the install went fairly smoothly with no major hiccups or issues. It took me about 3 hours of leisurely going through each step along with the video. Wow, the ATM BG looks killer next to my instrumentation cluster. What a big difference from the c^&%#y oem MM gauge! ATM's BG kit is very high quality and well engineered. You will not be disappointed. Now I can drive around and truly appreciate reading accurate boost levels w/ this BG and my mods. As this is a excellent example of ATM's quality, their FMIC is high up on my list of to do mods. Thanks ATM!

Gigante
02-08-2014, 09:20 PM
Successfully installed ATB BG today. The DIY video was very helpful. Thanks to the advice from ATM and Redred, the install went fairly smoothly with no major hiccups or issues. It took me about 3 hours of leisurely going through each step along with the video. Wow, the ATM BG looks killer next to my instrumentation cluster. What a big difference from the c^&%#y oem MM gauge! ATM's BG kit is very high quality and well engineered. You will not be disappointed. Now I can drive around and truly appreciate reading accurate boost levels w/ this BG and my mods. As this is a excellent example of ATM's quality, their FMIC is high up on my list of to do mods. Thanks ATM!

Way to go Five O, I knew you'd appreciate the quality and I know you have been waiting for this gauge for some time. Enjoy buddy.
Gigante

Abarth Five O
02-08-2014, 10:01 PM
Way to go Five O, I knew you'd appreciate the quality and I know you have been waiting for this gauge for some time. Enjoy buddy.
Gigante
Thanks Gigante! It was well worth the wait. As evidenced by their 3rd GB and respected members who bought this BG, ATM has obviously hit a home run. Keep hitting those home runs ATM!

02-09-2014, 01:42 PM
Thanks Gigante! It was well worth the wait. As evidenced by their 3rd GB and respected members who bought this BG, ATM has obviously hit a home run. Keep hitting those home runs ATM!

We are really happy all of you guys like the gauge kit. We always strive to release well engineered products, we will have FMiC kits back in stock in a few days. Our new bolt on turbo kit will be going on our in house car for a test fit/downpipe fabrication in the next few days. Who's ready to make REAL power?

Abarth Five O
02-09-2014, 02:35 PM
That's awesome and exciting news from ATM for some serious power!

bigbenp
03-01-2014, 09:15 PM
I'm very interested in adding a true boost gauge to my wife's Abarth, is the next GB coming soon?

Tweak
03-01-2014, 09:38 PM
I'm very interested in adding a true boost gauge to my wife's Abarth, is the next GB coming soon?

Welcome to the forum.

tylerderosagrund
03-02-2014, 04:02 PM

There already one going on. It's the third group buy for the boost guage. Still taking deposits right now if you wanna jump in. The more the better

bigbenp
03-02-2014, 04:31 PM
There already one going on. It's the third group buy for the boost guage. Still taking deposits right now if you wanna jump in. The more the better

Ahhh...I should have searched harder. I'm be called out on the Subaru forums for not spending the time to do so. Thank you!

bggale
08-10-2014, 03:30 AM
Is the GB over? I want one of these things. Where do I go to get one?

nilfinite
08-28-2014, 02:27 PM
Saw something really strange today with my Boost Gauge. Maybe it didn't calibrate properly or something but it was showing "---" in the digital screen and it was flashing on and off. After a while it went back to normal.

GileraWarren
11-15-2014, 04:25 PM
I've been off the list for a while and while I see how much everybody owes yet I don't see what the final group buy price is. I may be interested if the group buy is still open

Abarth Five O
01-24-2015, 01:59 PM
Any one clean the oil filter yet? Tips, how to's, frequency will be appreciated.

Tweak
01-24-2015, 05:01 PM
Any one clean the oil filter yet? Tips, how to's, frequency will be appreciated.

Isn't it a K&N filter that would use the typical interval K&N suggests unless in a more dusty than typical area?

From K&N:

4. How often do I need to clean my K&N air filter?

If you have not experienced a decrease in mileage or engine performance, chances are your filter is fine and does not yet need cleaning. To be more specific, the filter does not require cleaning if you can still see the wire screen on the entire air filter regardless of how dirty it may appear. When the screen is no longer visible some place on the filter, it is time to clean it. When used in normal paved road, street or highway conditions, our replacement air filters that fit in the factory air box should require cleaning every 50,000 miles and our large conical filters on an intake system should require cleaning every 100,000 miles. When used in dusty or off-road environments, our filters will require cleaning more often. We recommend that you visually inspect your filter once every 25,000 miles to determine if the screen is still visible.

Crossfirecat
01-24-2015, 06:01 PM
I believe he was referring to the filter used for the boost gauge to prevent oil from getting into the electronic sending unit.

Isn't it a K&N filter that would use the typical interval K&N suggests unless in a more dusty than typical area?

From K&N:

4. How often do I need to clean my K&N air filter?

If you have not experienced a decrease in mileage or engine performance, chances are your filter is fine and does not yet need cleaning. To be more specific, the filter does not require cleaning if you can still see the wire screen on the entire air filter regardless of how dirty it may appear. When the screen is no longer visible some place on the filter, it is time to clean it. When used in normal paved road, street or highway conditions, our replacement air filters that fit in the factory air box should require cleaning every 50,000 miles and our large conical filters on an intake system should require cleaning every 100,000 miles. When used in dusty or off-road environments, our filters will require cleaning more often. We recommend that you visually inspect your filter once every 25,000 miles to determine if the screen is still visible.

Abarth Five O
01-24-2015, 06:53 PM
Thanks for the clarification Crossfirecat. Sorry Tweak, my inquiry relates to the ATM BG. This is the small clear plastic filter casing w/ foam inside to catch blow by oil.

Tweak
01-24-2015, 06:59 PM
I believe he was referring to the filter used for the boost gauge to prevent oil from getting into the electronic sending unit.

Thanks for the clarification Crossfirecat. Sorry Tweak, my inquiry relates to the ATM BG. This is the small clear plastic filter casing w/ foam inside to catch blow by oil.

Apologies...I re-read it and saw oil but I guess I was seeing air in reading it before. Thanks guys!

Abarth Five O
01-24-2015, 07:01 PM
No problemo Tweak!

01-25-2015, 04:06 PM
No problemo Tweak!
I have cleaned these type of filters with a small squirt of brakleen or carb cleaner then dry it out with compressed air or keyboard cleaner...