PDA

View Full Version : Test of MM ECU using Torque Pro

Septiem
06-04-2013, 08:41 PM
Did an install of the MM box Saturday. I also got the Torque Pro app that was recomended on this forum. Torque works great, lots of fun.
My before run netted 121hp. My after run was 142hp. 21hp gain as measured by the app. Or, more important, an 18% gain. I think for this purpose the percentage gain is more important than the hp gain, because of the way the app measures power.

If we correct for crank and assume 160hp, an 18% gain would put me at 189hp.

I tried to take screen shots, but I am still new at the app, and all the info deleted.:(
I will try more runs this weekend, but first I need to pull my MM box out and re-program it. I must have deleted the remote.

If anybody else has the appand some time to kill, I am curious what their % gains are.

Abarth Five O
06-04-2013, 10:44 PM
Thanks for sharing your test data! You're right in that neighborhood of reported gains by Madness' dynos. Do you have the PP box too?

Septiem
06-04-2013, 11:23 PM
No, the piggyback ECU is the only mod.

MAZ
06-05-2013, 08:46 AM
18% drivetrain loss, is that accurate? That seems excessive for a FWD.

MADNESSLuckyJay
06-05-2013, 11:58 AM

that's right on from what we saw as well!

Septiem
06-05-2013, 01:07 PM

Not sure where you got the 18% drivetrain loss. There was an 18% power gain. The raw numbers are almost irrelevant. The way the app works, and all g-meters that calculate HP for that matter, is that it calculates how quickly you are accelerating, and then figures that against the weight of the car. The user has to put in a value for the total weight, with driver and fuel (I used 2650).

If you put in a smaller value for weight the HP will be smaller, if you put in a larger number, the HP will be higher. But most important, the percentage change for the before and after should not be effected by the weight used by the user. So forget the 121 and the 142 as they may or may not be accurate. BUT the 18% gain should be accurate.