PDA

View Full Version : Cabrio headliner fix?

moosedoo
06-03-2013, 10:38 AM
Hello All, Our 2012 500C has the same headliner problem that has been discussed before on this forum. There is a gap on both sides of the headliner revealing the top. The gap shows on both sides running the entire length of the top. My question: were the headliners for 2012 cut too short to fill the gap? Is there a fix offering a better fitting and wider headliner? (2 questions, oh well) I read on this site that someone had the headliner replaced and has had no futher problems. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Lee

luckymoi
06-03-2013, 01:17 PM
Under warranty, no?
Oh, post a picture, can you?
There was an rrt on cabrio for the top as I recall.

FiatCACares
06-03-2013, 02:48 PM
Hello All, Our 2012 500C has the same headliner problem that has been discussed before on this forum. There is a gap on both sides of the headliner revealing the top. The gap shows on both sides running the entire length of the top. My question: were the headliners for 2012 cut too short to fill the gap? Is there a fix offering a better fitting and wider headliner? (2 questions, oh well) I read on this site that someone had the headliner replaced and has had no futher problems. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Lee

Moosedoo,

Have you had this looked at by a studio? If you'd like to PM me your VIN# and the name of your servicing studio, I'd be happy to review this further with you.

I look forward to hearing from you.

moosedoo
06-03-2013, 03:46 PM
luckymoi' yes, under warranty. rrt? Is that a recall? Will try to do pic later. Thanks Lee

DowneasTTer
06-03-2013, 04:07 PM
In looking at mine, 12 500c, there's a quarter inch between the headliner and the plastic trim. Is this what you are referring to? If so I think that is normal. If it were to go under the plastic trim It would bind and cause problems. My smart with has a similar set up has a much bigger gap. Here a couple of pics.

The fiat 500c:
http://www.smartcarofamerica.com/gallery/displayimage.php?imageid=15581

The smart 08 carbio:

http://www.smartcarofamerica.com/gallery/displayimage.php?imageid=15582

moosedoo
06-03-2013, 06:51 PM
Yes, that's it. Based on a previous post, I don't think this is normal. When the car was delivered there was no gap. Someone else has a new headliner installed and it fixed the gap. There were several posts about in here. Thanks for you input. Lee s
In looking at mine, 12 500c, there's a quarter inch between the headliner and the plastic trim. Is this what you are referring to? If so I think that is normal. If it were to go under the plastic trim It would bind and cause problems. My smart with has a similar set up has a much bigger gap. Here a couple of pics.

The fiat 500c:
http://www.smartcarofamerica.com/gallery/displayimage.php?imageid=15581

The smart 08 carbio:

http://www.smartcarofamerica.com/gallery/displayimage.php?imageid=15582

DowneasTTer
06-03-2013, 07:08 PM
Well, I just assumed it was normal. However, I only driven one 500c that is mine. Would be interesting if someone else with a carbio would post a pic showing a better fit. That said I'm not sure if this was caused by a too small a headliner, that I would want somebody tearing into my top. It might be better to wait until just before the warranty period is over.

moosedoo
06-04-2013, 02:39 PM
Moosedoo,

Have you had this looked at by a studio? If you'd like to PM me your VIN# and the name of your servicing studio, I'd be happy to review this further with you.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Hello Katie,

Long story. I took it to the dealership. The stoplight mounted in the roof was not working. It was fixed. But not happy. I will take it back. He headliner is worse than ever now. Thank you. If I can get no satisfaction I will contact you. Lee

luckymoi
06-07-2013, 12:12 PM
I had a look at my headliner and there is a gap and after opening the top I see why... the headliner when folded drops inside the car.
without some gap it won't work correctly I think..
How large is the correct gap, dunno

Abarth Phreak
06-08-2013, 05:33 PM
luckymoi' yes, under warranty. rrt? Is that a recall? Will try to do pic later. Thanks Lee

RRT = Rapid Response Transmittal
It is not a recall, but it is a problem recognized by the manufacturer that they work to correct. It is a good practice to have the service advisor check for any open RRTs each time you visit for any service as you will not be notified most likely.