PDA

View Full Version : Neuspeed short shifter installed..

NORCAL SS
06-02-2013, 10:14 PM
Shifts are much nicer and shorter now and very easy install less then 10 minutes. Great product.

WMWFiat
06-02-2013, 10:25 PM
It really is and simple to install, that is why we are running a sale on them right now

zonker
06-02-2013, 10:27 PM
LOL mine is still sitting in it's box.

500ways
06-03-2013, 01:51 PM
Shifts are much nicer and shorter now and very easy install less then 10 minutes. Great product.

Was any filing involved? Did you use loctite? Any resistance when engaging any of the gears?

JackandSue
06-03-2013, 01:57 PM
You might have to do some filing, i did very little and i used locktite blue. Shifts fine...short and firm.

Abarth6633
06-03-2013, 02:17 PM
I have the Shifter intalled, it wasn't that hard to put in. I love the way if feels shifting through gears, but sometimes when i try to go into first gear it will not go in. I have to put it back into nutruel and let of the clutch and push it back down to put it into first.

HF Stinger
06-03-2013, 02:26 PM
I have the Shifter intalled, it wasn't that hard to put in. I love the way if feels shifting through gears, but sometimes when i try to go into first gear it will not go in. I have to put it back into nutruel and let of the clutch and push it back down to put it into first.

That is more a characteristic of the Abarth transmission rather than relating to short shifters of any brand. Depending on the total miles on your car this may go away with time.

BigT
06-03-2013, 02:49 PM
I believe the 1st gear issue is due to it not having synchros or something like that I could be wrong. I usually just put it in 3rd then go back to 1st and it goes into first no issue. This usually only happens when the car is parked never have issues hitting 1st when slowing down to a stop. I was thinking about going with the neuspeed short shift kit and just a knew shift knob as I like the height of the shifter itself just feel that the throw could be a bit better and prefer a ball style shift knob over stock configuration. Just wish the shift knob itself wasn't 100+ bucks.

Mr. Man
06-05-2013, 04:29 AM
I believe the 1st gear issue is due to it not having synchros or something like that I could be wrong. I usually just put it in 3rd then go back to 1st and it goes into first no issue. This usually only happens when the car is parked never have issues hitting 1st when slowing down to a stop. I was thinking about going with the neuspeed short shift kit and just a knew shift knob as I like the height of the shifter itself just feel that the throw could be a bit better and prefer a ball style shift knob over stock configuration. Just wish the shift knob itself wasn't 100+ bucks.
Cereal-ly.... the knobs cost as much as the short shifter!

dsmithpdx
06-05-2013, 10:54 AM
Love mine! I didn't use any Loctite, as the instructions didn't call for any, and I'm really wishing I had. I have this fear in the back of my head that the bolts are going to work themselves out one of these days and leave me with no ability to shift. :EEK: I'm considering removing it to add some...

BigT
06-05-2013, 11:26 AM
Norcal I was looking at the instructions how did you manage to install it in 10 minutes with removing all the panels and everything or was it 10 minutes to install the actual piece once all panels were removed?

lagallinavecchia
06-05-2013, 11:58 AM
Norcal I was looking at the instructions how did you manage to install it in 10 minutes with removing all the panels and everything or was it 10 minutes to install the actual piece once all panels were removed?

Those are dog minutes.

Fiat500USA
06-05-2013, 12:16 PM

There is a syncro for first gear. As far as it not going in, it could be the syncro is a little balky or a shifter or cable issue. This may lessen over time as things adjust to themselves, however I would note it at the dealer every time you go there just to make sure it is documented. Make sure you don't go to the dealer with a short shifter installed and complain about it not going in gear, though. You could guarantee they won't cover that under warranty.