PDA

View Full Version : Getting my car Eurocharged Flash Tuned. 38whp/58wtq

NORCAL SS
06-02-2013, 01:52 AM
http://www.eurocharged.com/index.php/products/fiat-tuning/fiat-500-abarth-performance-engine-software-ecu-tuning2012-09-23-19-37-46-detail

38whp
58wtq

Ill be getting more info soon. My buddy used them on his benz's and audi and they have been great

opiateESP
06-02-2013, 02:06 AM
Are you sending them your ECU?

NORCAL SS
06-02-2013, 02:12 AM
If there is a dealer which my friend is at ASP in Daly City CA he can just flash it in.

opiateESP
06-02-2013, 02:30 AM
If there is a dealer which my friend is at ASP in Daly City CA he can just flash it in.

I just emailed them. I really hope they are doing proper tunes. I'll be driving to Toronto this summer (they have a location there) and if this is legit, I'm in. I really do not want a piggy back.

NORCAL SS
06-02-2013, 02:32 AM
you guys should keep a eye out on my 2013 abarth build thread. Ill be working on stuff custom stuff (atp bolt in turbo/cncd heads)

whatebahw
06-02-2013, 10:29 AM
I would pay their price in heartbeat but the site always says the tune will be available in 1-2 months.

Small&Wicked2013
06-02-2013, 10:35 AM
Yeah I have contacted them twice by email the last couple of months and keep getting the reply that ECU tuning is not ready for public release yet.

Daytona 500
06-02-2013, 11:01 AM
Same here, and so we wait......I have been modding around a tune knowing that I wont see the full potential of all the parts until a tune becomes available, with the exception of the underdrive pulley. It obviously doesnt rely on engine management to free up a bit of power. Everything else I am seeing marginal results from. I keep fighting the urge to get a TMC box for now, just hate to drop the 500.00 for a piggy back.
Yeah I have contacted them twice by email the last couple of months and keep getting the reply that ECU tuning is not ready for public release yet.

opiateESP
06-02-2013, 11:32 AM
I'm dying for a tune. Piggy backs make no sense for the 500T. With a proper tune, a 500T will see the same end horsepower results an abarth will (making a tune an even better deal for 500T owners).

Mike S
06-02-2013, 12:15 PM
When I had my Volvo V70R I purchased a tune from IPD. I bought the Softloader which I could plug in and download the stock tune to my laptop which I would save. I then loaded whichever tune I bought from them to my ECU. I could switch tunes at will.

I wish that were available for the Fiats.

dart1.4t
06-02-2013, 03:58 PM
do they plan to support the dart? would be great to see 220lb/ft torque in my car..

deathshead
06-02-2013, 06:53 PM
do they plan to support the dart? would be great to see 220lb/ft torque in my car..

Same ecu = YES!

Eurocharged has been claiming ECU tunes, but no one has actually really delivered yet.

The Ideal situation as always would be a ODB tune with a handheld.
Perhaps a nice 93 "canned" tune to use as a baseline to spice up as you feel fit.

Mr. Man
06-02-2013, 06:55 PM

With all that extra weight in your car you're going to need it :burnout:

MAZ
06-03-2013, 11:30 AM
cncd heads
Someone's got $$$'s

NORCAL SS
06-03-2013, 11:34 AM
3-4 weeks release date.

shagghie
06-03-2013, 02:55 PM
3-4 weeks release date.

EC's been saying that for 5-6 months now, but the OBD2 protocol has been a b*tch to sort out on this MM box. Did you get a verbal from him on those release dates? If so that would be awesome! I know he's had the actual tuning/map done for months now...it should be pretty solid!

wsanders20002
06-03-2013, 05:01 PM
Mike, that's exactly what the Eurocharge will allow you to do when it becomes available. Tick tick tick...patiently waiting.

mr_robs
06-03-2013, 07:59 PM
This is good news! Especially if you can get it tuned in Daly City, thats a quick drive north for me. Definitely in for more details.

deathshead
06-03-2013, 08:33 PM
The Magneti Marelli ECU is locked up tight-encrypted is the problem. *Allegedly

NORCAL SS
06-03-2013, 09:36 PM
I have a dyno place where I will be doing my own before/after pulls so you guys can see results. My buddy will be getting the first version before anyone so ill be updating you guys since hes the main west coast dealer.

NORCAL SS
06-14-2013, 11:50 AM
2 more weeks!!!

whatebahw
06-14-2013, 12:56 PM
2 more weeks!!!

Their site still says 1-2 months.

NORCAL SS
06-14-2013, 01:15 PM
my buddy is the west coast main dealer:) going to get it before a month hopefully way its going

Toad
06-14-2013, 01:16 PM
So what do I have to do to be right behind you in daly city?

NORCAL SS
06-14-2013, 01:23 PM
ill talk to vlad there. We all used to street race together years ago great guys to work with.

dart1.4t
06-14-2013, 01:31 PM
With all that extra weight in your car you're going to need it :burnout:

i checked the curb weights... it's worse than i thought. the dart is a good 500lbs over the giulietta it is based from and a 232hp engine is also available in the giulietta from what i understand.... worse, it's about 800lbs over the 500!!! so think about driving your car with 4 large men in it in addition to the driver! truth is i didn't buy the dart for speed. i knew good and well it was a slow car and the ultimate potential isn't much compared to other options.. i just like the whole package for the money. the car handles really well. it doesn't feel sporty but if you push it it'll surprise you. and the interior is simple and functional.

i figure with a larger turbo it could give 300hp, but that's an expensive 300 hp, i plan to measure the turbo inlet soon to get a good estimate on the ultimate potential with the stock turbo and if anyone can tell me the lb/hr on the injectors that would also be helpful in finding the bottle necks, i'd like to put together a budget recipe that others can follow rather than throw money at it.. i see dart owners waisting money on things i'm sure have no effect. but i could be wrong...

sk8ace
06-14-2013, 03:23 PM
I think the main problem to overcome is figuring out the multiair system..

Toad
06-14-2013, 03:34 PM
ill talk to vlad there. We all used to street race together years ago great guys to work with.

Thanks, that would be fantastic!

dart1.4t
06-14-2013, 10:26 PM
I think the main problem to overcome is figuring out the multiair system..

ehhh, not really but with the drive by wire throttle and boost solenoid can make a full tune more time consuming and expensive to develop. the system is speed/density and in certain modes it'll have feedback from the o2 sensor. basically there is a map of numbers for the engine speed to account for VE, and a map of numbers for the manifold air density that get multiplied to figure fuel demands. if the multi air is controled with engine speed alone it probably doesn't need any extra mapping levels as far as fuel demands go since you can predict where the multi air will be the effects on fuel demand might be accounted for in the standard rpm map, but if engine load (vacuum/boost) helps control the multi air there might be another level of tables it goes through, the only way to know is to get into the tables and see for yourself. a fuel remap may be just as easy as any other car but the curves will look a bit different. but the throttle and boost controls may open up a whole new world of tuning possibilities (or headaches). it all depends on what they decide to change with the tune.. i'm sure finding all the diagnostic thresholds that you may trip when you turn up the boost is as much or more of a problem than the valve timing.

Abarth Phreak
06-15-2013, 12:52 AM
I'm not holding my breath on the release of a tune in the next two weeks...just saying as many vendors have talked big but fall short of cracking the ECUs logic.

That being said..I am hopeful to be wrong!!! I got the $500 at hand...xyxwave

dart1.4t
06-15-2013, 01:53 AM
I'm not holding my breath on the release of a tune in the next two weeks...just saying as many vendors have talked big but fall short of cracking the ECUs logic.

That being said..I am hopeful to be wrong!!! I got the $500 at hand...xyxwave

i would like to get my hands on a spare ecu myself and see what i could find out about flashing it....

dylansi
06-15-2013, 12:54 PM
ehhh, not really but with the drive by wire throttle and boost solenoid can make a full tune more time consuming and expensive to develop. the system is speed/density and in certain modes it'll have feedback from the o2 sensor. basically there is a map of numbers for the engine speed to account for VE, and a map of numbers for the manifold air density that get multiplied to figure fuel demands. if the multi air is controled with engine speed alone it probably doesn't need any extra mapping levels as far as fuel demands go since you can predict where the multi air will be the effects on fuel demand might be accounted for in the standard rpm map, but if engine load (vacuum/boost) helps control the multi air there might be another level of tables it goes through, the only way to know is to get into the tables and see for yourself. a fuel remap may be just as easy as any other car but the curves will look a bit different. but the throttle and boost controls may open up a whole new world of tuning possibilities (or headaches). it all depends on what they decide to change with the tune.. i'm sure finding all the diagnostic thresholds that you may trip when you turn up the boost is as much or more of a problem than the valve timing.

You are correct I think the drive by wire is one of the more difficult things to overcome with any car when producing a fully tunable ecu

dart1.4t
06-15-2013, 01:23 PM
You are correct I think the drive by wire is one of the more difficult things to overcome with any car when producing a fully tunable ecu

it's not just how to tune it. it's deciphering everything. now you have pages to map the commanded power for the throttle position, the commanded boost to attain that power for the rpm, the throttle body throttle angle for the power and actual boost ve the commanded boost, the bypass valve condition.. the logic may not be as hard to understand as just finding which tables are for which function. it's something i've thought about but not actually done. but maybe now that i own my first obd2 car i'll see what i can find out (my newest cars before this was a 1993 skyline when i lived in japan)

dylansi
06-15-2013, 02:11 PM
I was just refering to the drive by wire system being a PITA to overcome...other than that I really dont know squat about developing a fully tunable ecu. I had a Hondata KPRO on my 02 Civic and the parameters that you could adjust was amazing. It was so nice to just have all the tunes done for you based on what octane you wanted to run or performance you wanted (once taken to the shop and 4hrs of dyno time later), just sit your laptop on your pass seat connect to the ECU and choose which tune you want, datalog, check codes, ect ect.

dart1.4t
06-16-2013, 12:20 AM
it'll get there. i mean it'll take a while longer than an old honda but it'll get there. our car can have an order of magnitude more pages to go through but most don't need to be modified. it's just figuring out which ones do.

Abarth Phreak
06-16-2013, 01:11 AM
it'll get there. i mean it'll take a while longer than an old honda but it'll get there. our car can have an order of magnitude more pages to go through but most don't need to be modified. it's just figuring out which ones do.

Dedicated effort always prevails....let us all know when you are ready to launch it!:cuddle:

dart1.4t
06-16-2013, 01:59 AM
Dedicated effort always prevails....let us all know when you are ready to launch it!:cuddle:

the best i can promise is i'll learn what i can.... but i do have car knowledge and know poeple with major computer knowledge.

Mr. Man
06-16-2013, 03:51 AM
the best i can promise is i'll learn what i can.... but i do have car knowledge and know poeple with major computer knowledge.

IIRC, there were issues with tuning the Nissan gtr when it first came out. Nissan swore it was un-tuneable but look at them now