PDA

View Full Version : A couple of questions for ya

Felnus
06-01-2013, 05:58 PM
1.) The ported throttle body is listed on your site for both the turbo and non- turbo 1.4L, can I get verification that is correct? I'm just surprised the Abarth and Turbo engines use the same size TB as the NA engine.

2.) The underdrive pulley is list for the turbo 1.4L but not the non-turbo. Are these parts different and are you planning on making an UDP for the non turbo cars?

Thanks!

modernceo
06-05-2013, 01:24 PM
1.) The ported throttle body is listed on your site for both the turbo and non- turbo 1.4L, can I get verification that is correct? I'm just surprised the Abarth and Turbo engines use the same size TB as the NA engine.

2.) The underdrive pulley is list for the turbo 1.4L but not the non-turbo. Are these parts different and are you planning on making an UDP for the non turbo cars?

Thanks!

TB:

We have recently found out that the throttle body is not interchangeable.
We were under the impression it was earlier but have found it to not work on the non turbo cars.

In further testing, we have found that the NA throttle body can not be bored.

PULLEY:

We have only released a turbo model pulley initially. If we release a NA version we'll surely announce it here, no immediate plans for it though.

Felnus
06-05-2013, 06:13 PM
Thanks for the response. No love for the NA guys. nopity

Abarth Phreak
06-05-2013, 09:06 PM
Thanks for the response. No love for the NA guys. nopity

Sounds like Cory's crew tried, which is love! But you can always trade it in for sumthin even betta!

For the record, Cory confirmed NA to really mean Not Applicable!

Felnus
06-05-2013, 10:14 PM
Sounds like Cory's crew tried, which is love! But you can always trade it in for sumthin even betta!

For the record, Cory confirmed NA to really mean Not Applicable!

I was joking. But seriously, trading in is not an option. Tweaking my existing car is.

modernceo
06-15-2013, 11:05 AM
I was joking. But seriously, trading in is not an option. Tweaking my existing car is.

We have two turbo 1.4's, a Dart 1.4 and a Abarth, so all of our time and effort is put forth into the two turbo engines.
Sorry Felnus. We will still carry parts for the NA, but it wont be our specialty.

Felnus
06-15-2013, 08:35 PM
I understand that from a business standpoint, more enthusiasts that are likely to be interested in modifying their cars are probably going to buy turbo cars so it only makes sense to concentrate your efforts on that motor. So I do understand it, but I don't have to like it. :cool