PDA

View Full Version : Removing Rear Diffuser

Seafarer61
06-01-2013, 01:42 AM
Search engine came up empty and right now, my car is sitting in a serious puddle of south Florida water. Curious...how easy is it to remove the rear diffuser? Tabs/bolts? I've never tucked my head up in there. Probably should sometime this weekend and take a look but for those who have...care to chime in?

I'm thinking of replacing mine with CF and wonder if it's something that can be done myself without jacking up the car. Thx fellas!

FTY
06-01-2013, 03:43 AM
Its super easy, three 10mm bolts underneath bottom (crawl under and look up) and look in and you'll see about 10 tabs where the diffuser meets the bumper on the top part of the diffuser and it pops right off.

EDIT....forgot the 2 20torx on the outer most sides.

SuperTony
06-01-2013, 12:42 PM
Yeah - the rear diffuser comes off easily BUT - the angle you have to exercise to get you hands up in there is difficult. You have to be lying on the ground under the car to get to them and it takes considerable finger strength.

DJ Sueno
06-01-2013, 01:16 PM
If I remember correctly it is 2 bolts and 2 torx screws I think a T-20, or 25, don't remember... And then the tabs which doesn't require THAT much strength... If you squeeze them properly they come out pretty quickly... Once have done a few the rest are easy.... The corner tabs are the trickiest... It can be done without raising the car...

My .02 cents...

:smile:

SuperTony
06-01-2013, 01:41 PM
Yeah - you are right I suppose :-) I just remember the first ones being killer-diller then I got the hang of it. I actually took my rear diffuser off first and left it off while I worked on my exhaust and suspension because it gave me such great access to the rear of the car.

Seafarer61
06-01-2013, 01:54 PM
thx fellas!