PDA

View Full Version : OWNER: 500ways - 2012 Fiat 500 Sport - Bianco Perla

500ways
05-29-2013, 10:15 PM
I will be the first non-turbo owner to add to this thread! Here's my baby! Sport owners unite!

Mods to date:

-LAMIN-X yellow fog light covers
-OEM locking gas cap
-OEM chrome fuel filler door
-OEM chrome side view mirror covers
-OEM Italian flag badge
-CravenSpeed stubby antenna in red
-Madness chrome LED third brake light
-CravenSpeed rear wiper delete
-OEM black bezel tail lights (as found on the "t")
-OEM stainless steel door sill guards
-OEM front slush floor mats
-OEM key cover
-BLACK custom shift knob (carbon fiber overlay top with pearl white base)
-Custom hand sewn Italian leather shift boot with white stitching
-Custom hand sewn Italian leather emergency brake gaiter with white stitching
-OEM Mopar cold air intake
-OEM Mopar front chassis brace

500ways
05-29-2013, 10:23 PM

I have owned a lot of toys over the years, but this has been the best and most fun daily driver ever with 26,000 trouble-free miles to date and counting.

Seafarer61
05-30-2013, 02:29 AM
I had Lamin-X over my headlights on my mid-engined two seater. As a result, after two years, I had to replace the lens. The film prevented the heat from inside the lens to naturally escape and caused spider cracks throughout the inside of the lens.

Then again, it was parked outside constantly so the sun baking down on things certainly didn't help. Not sure how much of the cracking was caused by the heat from the actual bulbs and heat from mother nature.

Nonetheless, another fine Bianco!

500ways
05-30-2013, 11:04 AM
I had Lamin-X over my headlights on my mid-engined two seater. As a result, after two years, I had to replace the lens. The film prevented the heat from inside the lens to naturally escape and caused spider cracks throughout the inside of the lens.

Then again, it was parked outside constantly so the sun baking down on things certainly didn't help. Not sure how much of the cracking was caused by the heat from the actual bulbs and heat from mother nature.

Nonetheless, another fine Bianco!

Thanks for the heads up. From what I understand, Lamin-x is a porous and breathable self-healing polyvinyl film. It does a decent job at protecting the lenses from breakage due to road debris. I have experienced a number of fog and driving light breakages and cracks over the years from stones and such. I found that the film mitigates that a bit. I am not worried about the sun as they sit low and I really don't use them much anyway and I have a garage.

BTW, cool signature, SO true and that's what makes Italy so special! La vita e' bella!

500ways
06-12-2013, 12:30 PM
Recent additions:

-LED interior lighting kit
-WeatherTech rear floor mat (one piece)
-NEUF short shift adapter

The lighting kit is an improvement. The interior lighting is def brighter and an improvement over the stock bulbs. The trunk is not much of an improvement. I think the location of the trunk housing and the dark carpeting has an effect here. I don't really care about the trunk much however.

The mat does not fit perfectly. I think it's a design flaw. I like the look and that it covers the whole area. I can live with the imperfect footwell fit.

The short shift adapter is a nice piece. I fretted about this ever since I heard of someone's Craven short shifter that came loose while driving. But after doing my homework and speaking to the right folks, I decided to move forward and am confident and pleased with my decision.

The adapter retains the stock height (which I like). It is a well machined item, a la Neuspeed. Neuspeed's products are traditionally not VERY aggressive from a performance standpoint but they do a great job, especially for the DD like myself! The throws are precise, tight and shorter. I am not having any issues with any gear thus far. I enjoyed doing the mod as well.

I got the adapter from Way Motor Works. Kudos to them - instant shipping, great pricing and very helpful when calling!

I think I now have my baby where she is perfect for me.

redred
06-12-2013, 12:45 PM
Nice little list of mods. Love the LED interior lights. There is a company out of Quebec that has some other interior lighting options as well (door sills, etc) that look to be offering a nicer trunk lighting system. They haven't posted anything on their website yet, but it's on their facebook page. Check out Cavallino Cars.

500ways
07-06-2013, 10:32 PM
center caps swapped out/just having fun

500ways
08-12-2013, 11:35 PM
Speedo bezel wrapped in leather.

lammie200
08-13-2013, 12:15 AM
I like my Sport. Still trying to eek out a bit more power, but I am pretty impressed with what I have done. My signature pretty much sums up where I am at today. I am hoping that the intake will get me a bit more torque in the 3000 rpm range. I am using a drop-in BMC right now, but am willing to roll the dice on a CAI. I went for the Sport for two main reasons: I wanted an auto-stick, and I didn't want a turbo. Need the auto-stick for city traffic and didn't want the expense of a turbo and the fright of having to fix one down the road. Hats off to the Abarth crowd, but I needed to reel in the urge of going for one.

I will be posting pics once I finish my suspension. That may be a while though. Right now it looks totally stock with a sunroof from the outside. I probably will change the wheel caps to the black & silver though like the OP did. I picked them up for $12 each and they look a bit less toy-ish to me than the red ones.