PDA

View Full Version : Hi performance - Silicone Vacuum Hose Kit for Abarth

sfhpawel
05-28-2013, 01:13 PM
This was one of those inexepensive mods that just made my memorial day weekend.
I got out of work early friday, mind you it was pouring... but nothing was going to stop me changing my oil (pennzoil 5w-40Euro synth.) During my oilchange, Fedex truck comes, wooooo package from Hi Performance.

Very nice set of precut hoses, instructions, a couple accessories. As described.

Straight forward install. Do one hose at a time.
The actuator/intake/turbo hoses looked intimidating at first. I just removed the intake, below where the intake is there is a little block that all 3 lines go into. its like 2"x3"

There is a 10mm bolt holding that block, DONT DROP THE BOLT lol. Remove that block and it will be much easier for you to replace the lines.

Love the mod, Dressed up the engine bay a bit more.

http://i1349.photobucket.com/albums/p741/Pawel_Zajac/IMG_20261_zpsede3db7e.jpg (http://s1349.photobucket.com/user/Pawel_Zajac/media/IMG_20261_zpsede3db7e.jpg.html)

FTY
05-28-2013, 01:46 PM
Looks great Paul!! Debating wether I want to do red or black.

SuperTony
05-28-2013, 01:50 PM
Great - mine should be arriving today!

SunRedRX7
05-28-2013, 01:56 PM
There is a 10mm bolt holding that block, DONT DROP THE BOLT lol. Remove that block and it will be much easier for you to replace the lines.

That kept going through my mind as I was taking off that bolt, thankfully didn't lose it. I don't think I could have done it without removing that.

SuperTony
05-28-2013, 01:59 PM
P.S. - Another wrapped intake. Glad to see :-)

Vaejovis carolinanus aka lowconabarth
05-28-2013, 02:54 PM
Thank you for the find and heads up on install. Should be here in a few days and will wait till next oil change or service to get in there and replace hoses. I usually say if it is not broken do not fix it,but they look so good. I ordered Black.

Robert Nixon
05-28-2013, 03:01 PM
I think I drop more wrenches and sockets than bolts!

sfhpawel
05-28-2013, 03:45 PM
Looks great Paul!! Debating wether I want to do red or black.

-I almost got black to stick with my original white/black theme but they would just blend in too much.
White would have been cool but not offered? and Im not sure how often I'd have to rub them down with paint thinner to keep the grime off.
I may just stick with a red/black under the hood theme, and white/black exterior. Working on that engine cover though, may change everything visually :)

-I am really looking forward to replacing the intake hose with that grey 'pin'. I've seen a member that broke theirs already. Seems like 3 hoses and a couple 'T' connections will be needed.

Hi-Performance-Store
05-28-2013, 04:21 PM
-I almost got black to stick with my original white/black theme but they would just blend in too much.
White would have been cool but not offered? and Im not sure how often I'd have to rub them down with paint thinner to keep the grime off.
I may just stick with a red/black under the hood theme, and white/black exterior. Working on that engine cover though, may change everything visually :)

-I am really looking forward to replacing the intake hose with that grey 'pin'. I've seen a member that broke theirs already. Seems like 3 hoses and a couple 'T' connections will be needed.

Thanks for the kind words, there are a few other hoses that can be replaced as well in a similar fashion, like that infamous intake hose. We'll be adding more to the kit later until it finally becomes a complete vacuum hose kit.

But no fears for all those that buy the initial kit, we're going to send the additional hoses out discounted (and everyone will be notified via forum of course).

No white hose as of yet, however we do have silver.

I've dropped those bolts down on the undercarriage so many times...my hands/knuckles tell the whole story...

Hi-Performance-Store
05-28-2013, 04:28 PM
Also, one quick question, were the instructions helpful, or just plain asinine? lol.

sfhpawel
05-28-2013, 04:52 PM
Also, one quick question, were the instructions helpful, or just plain asinine? lol.

I wasnt familiar with the terminology/locations until I have done this install.

Maybe a snap shot of that little block (where the 3 hoses connect) stating it probably needs to be removed for ease of installation would help a lot.
At first I was worried that the hoses were in 3 separate hard to get to locations until i located the source for all 3 :)