PDA

View Full Version : Tuning boxes with intakes/ported tbs??

NORCAL SS
05-28-2013, 02:25 AM
Sorry guys im coming from hp tuners for ls cars so bare with me.

Can you use the plug and play units if you have a cold air intake and ported tb??

On the plug and play units under normal driving do you guys see same or better gas mileage?

2Cool
05-28-2013, 08:48 AM
The piggyback boxes for the Abarth will hurt your fuel economy, on the order of 2-3 mpg. They all increase boost but have no control over timing or a/f mixture. So the ECU compensates by throwing more fuel into the mix.

I used HP-Tuners on my STS turboed '04 GTO and on my '02 Z06. I really wish I had that level of control over the Abarth, there are so many parameters that need tweaking on this car to improve performance and driveability.

808Abarth
05-28-2013, 06:45 PM
The piggyback boxes for the Abarth will hurt your fuel economy, on the order of 2-3 mpg. They all increase boost but have no control over timing or a/f mixture. So the ECU compensates by throwing more fuel into the mix.

I used HP-Tuners on my STS turboed '04 GTO and on my '02 Z06. I really wish I had that level of control over the Abarth, there are so many parameters that need tweaking on this car to improve performance and driveability.

bam! i just learne a butt load!

Tweak
05-28-2013, 09:08 PM

But man does it add a lot of fun along with the added need for gas! :D Guess till a real tune solution hits the market might as well enjoy the added fun.

I run a TMC unit on the highest level (9) and a RRM intake by the way.

Jjm4life
05-28-2013, 09:26 PM
^^ this. the piggybacks are far from ideal, but they work well enough.

no issues at all with my mm box and atm intake paired together. car feels strong. a real tune would only help.