PDA

View Full Version : do u guys hear a clunk when hard shifting it into gears a little aggressively?

808Abarth
05-28-2013, 01:48 AM
im just wondering if everyone else gets a little clunk when hard/fast shifting it into gears.
Today i hit 689 miles and i wanted to have a little fun.
I took it up on 1st (no WOT)
then quick to second (good wheel chirp)
kept foot near 1/2 to 3/4 throttle
and i herd a good clunk/bangish type noise.
im guessing ****ty weak motor mounts??
i have no tried again to research the cause because im still breaking this baby.
but please lmk what you guys get.

good thing i found after market motor mounts.
probably make a huge difference..

Abarth Five O
05-28-2013, 02:04 AM
No clunks during hard shifting and I have almost 6k miles. Take it back to Cutter for warranty service and save your $.

808Abarth
05-28-2013, 02:13 AM
shiiiiitttt..... my ecs was on. (or what ever it is)
is it like traction control?

sport on ofcourse..

try again..

cutter fiat here i come LOLOL

hope not..

maybe i am tripping. blah.

Abarth Five O
05-28-2013, 02:29 AM
Even with ESC (electronic stability control) on or off or it shouldn't make that clunking noise during hard shifting. Could something going on in your tranny. I avoid taking my car to Cutter since they charged me $80 extra to lift my lowered Abarth for warranty service on their antiquated lift, and I even supplied them my own with ramp blocks :-(

808Abarth
05-28-2013, 03:17 AM
it seems like he motor is shifting to much and something is hitting something. im not sure. i must try pounding it again.
and ****en stealerships...

jguerdat
05-28-2013, 07:41 AM
FWIW, I can get a bang when launching hard with sticky tires. An easier launch isn't a problem. I suspect it's the motor mounts. Never had a bang of any sort between gears, though. I don't speedshift, however.

deathshead
05-28-2013, 09:38 AM
Its the Motormounts hitting the stops hard.

Cant wait for Motor mount inserts!,
These mounts are too soft making the drivetrain floppy.

808Abarth
05-28-2013, 06:43 PM
ahhhhhh yes

knocking on launch.

no one clutch kicking it into gears?
gas peddle glues down and left foot karate kicking the **** out of the clutch (i love rev limiters)

well this confirms my idea of weak motor mounts.

ahh let me go take a look at it. blah!