PDA

View Full Version : Whine sound after throttle body install

opiateESP
05-26-2013, 10:57 AM
So I popped in my throttle body yesterday. However, now I have a distinct whine in the lower RPM's. I don't think it's quite normal. I'm not getting a check engine light and the car doesn't feel bad by any stretch. I got the noise straight after the install yesterday so I checked my hoses and tightened my clamps an the noise seemed to lessen. This morning, I went for coffee and there was no whine but after it warmed up, I pushed her to see if the noise would return and sure enough it did.

My phone seems to not be working very well for recording at the moment so I couldn't record the sound.

Any ideas?

DS Ocampo
05-26-2013, 12:30 PM
It's been normal ... if lines are good your fine... shagghie made a post about it... I love the whine lol ...

Seafarer61
05-26-2013, 01:11 PM
This calls for a video. ;) I'd like to hear that whine before I opt for the TB. Can you hook us up fellas?

charliesheen
05-26-2013, 04:31 PM
This calls for a video. ;) I'd like to hear that whine before I opt for the TB. Can you hook us up fellas?

yes pls. I'd like to see a vid as well.

trevc
05-26-2013, 06:30 PM
I didn't notice any changes in sound with my MPx throttle body.

opiateESP
05-26-2013, 06:50 PM
And their shouldn't be. I tore her down and threw her back together again but just tightened things up. Sounds better now and feels a bit better as well. I drove for about 30 miles and had no issues. Way easier to do the second time around.

Gigante
05-26-2013, 09:15 PM
OpiateESP, glad you got this sorted out. I've had my MPx TB for almost 1k miles and no whine at all. Enjoy.

shagghie
05-26-2013, 11:11 PM
The only thing I recall happening right after the install was that the turbo whine was more pronounced than before relative to other engine sounds. Not a 'new' sound, but just more whistle at WOT.
Glad you got it sorted though!

808Abarth
05-27-2013, 07:04 PM
leakage. glad u fixed it up.
btw. when you order the mpx tb. does it come with new gaskets?

White Abarth
05-27-2013, 09:32 PM
leakage. glad u fixed it up.
btw. when you order the mpx tb. does it come with new gaskets?

You just get the new TB, no gaskets. There's a single green-colored rubber (perhaps silicone?) O-ring that goes between the TB and the plastic intake plenum. Our cars are so new, the seal can easily be reused without any issue. When I installed my TB, the seal stayed in place in its grove on the plenum. When I helped a friend install his the other day, the seal came out with the TB and had to be placed back on the plenum. Maybe someone can look up and post the part number of the O-ring for those who need it?