PDA

View Full Version : Stubby Antenna

05-25-2013, 07:54 AM
Is this a worthwhile change? The OEM looks HUGE.

Best for the $$$? How easy is it to fit??

Cheers

SuperTony
05-25-2013, 08:51 AM
I love my stubby. Very easy install. The old one screws off and the new one screws on. See pics on my build thread.

http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/showthread.php?9628-SuperTony-Build-Stock-to-Uber-in-one-adventure

NGEN
05-25-2013, 09:36 AM
Best performance mod you can do to the Abarth! By having a shorter antenna, it makes the vehicle more aerodynamic which allows the car to go faster! LOL J/K

Couldn't resist as this was posted in the Performance Section! All kidding aside, it takes 1 minute to install and looks great. You should definitely go for it.

Dwaynek
05-25-2013, 09:48 AM
i got the one from 500madness think it was about 40 bucks. looks good and reception just fine.

FTY
05-25-2013, 09:48 AM
MPX and Craven make one...takes about 5sec to install. Plug and play basically. I still have my stock one on...I reminds me of a remote control car..LOL

05-25-2013, 11:18 AM
I think it certainly looks better with a short antenna but not sure its worth the cost yet!

Seafarer61
05-25-2013, 02:06 PM
It reminds me of a remote control car..LOL

I keep thinking I'm going to tool on by a kid jumping a Radio Shack Bigfoot and he'll aim his remote at my Abarth and drive me over a parked car. :p

Ridiculous sized antenna, I think we all can agree. FWIW, I was idling behind a Dodge Caliber. Same antenna.....gotta love the Mopar parts bin.

Mr. Man
05-25-2013, 04:11 PM
I keep thinking I'm going to tool on by a kid jumping a Radio Shack Bigfoot and he'll aim his remote at my Abarth and drive me over a parked car. :p

Ridiculous sized antenna, I think we all can agree. FWIW, I was idling behind a Dodge Caliber. Same antenna.....gotta love the Mopar parts bin.

I actually wanted to put a longer antenna with the little circle at the end to make it look like an r/c car but only the stubby option is available lol

NGEN
05-25-2013, 04:23 PM
We offer the MPX Shorty for 24.95

Abarth Phreak
05-25-2013, 04:27 PM
Is this a worthwhile change? The OEM looks HUGE.

Best for the $$$? How easy is it to fit??

Cheers

Question: Do YOU like your OEM antennae?

If Yes - Leave it there as changing it is not worth the money as the OEM works fine for you.
If No - Swap it out, Modern Performance has it for less I think. (It is the same antennae)

It is not a performance Mod, so not sure what you are asking with "Best for the $$$", it is cosmetic and very inexpensive. I love mine. It is a one minute wonder!

05-25-2013, 04:39 PM
Question: Do YOU like your OEM antennae?

If Yes - Leave it there as changing it is not worth the money as the OEM works fine for you.
If No - Swap it out, Modern Performance has it for less I think. (It is the same antennae)

It is not a performance Mod, so not sure what you are asking with "Best for the $$$", it is cosmetic and very inexpensive. I love mine. It is a one minute wonder!

I hate the OEM but with shipping they all topped 50-60$ that I saw, seemed a bit much for a "small impact" item!

I will check the other one out thanks

05-25-2013, 07:15 PM
We offer the MPX Shorty for 24.95

Yes you do, Ive just ordered it. Cheers

Tweak
05-25-2013, 10:55 PM
I changed mine out for a stubby as well for the same reason mentioned, looked like a RC car in OEM form. :D

I got mine off ebay for less that $20 but had I realized you sold them too it I would have paid a little more and just got it from you Bryan. :(

(Hadn't browsed the site lately, none of them really since no real $ to spend...hehe.

wilbmeister
05-27-2013, 09:59 PM
I put a red one on my Rosso Abarth. It looks great. It's something I notice every day and it was worth the money to me.

FootScoot
05-29-2013, 06:23 PM
I like my stubby much better than the stock one, and my car cover fits better too. Still the same reception.

NGEN
05-29-2013, 07:04 PM
Yes you do, Ive just ordered it. Cheers

Shipped! Thank you!

NGEN
05-29-2013, 07:07 PM
I changed mine out for a stubby as well for the same reason mentioned, looked like a RC car in OEM form. :D

I got mine off ebay for less that $20 but had I realized you sold them too it I would have paid a little more and just got it from you Bryan. :(

(Hadn't browsed the site lately, none of them really since no real $ to spend...hehe.

It's all good Tweak - you will be buying the Grigio Light set soon enough :)

Tweak
05-29-2013, 09:42 PM
It's all good Tweak - you will be buying the Grigio Light set soon enough :)

I still think they'd look great on my Grigio...but so many items on the list and so many things to get before the cosmetics. I haven't forgotten a pic for you either, just wasn't happy with several I took so I'll get some more eventually.

fiz140
04-03-2014, 04:41 PM
I just ordered one from NGEN too. I'm looking forward to downsizing.

aevansgatech
04-03-2014, 09:05 PM
Cravenspeed stubby was ~$40 and well worth it.. great reception too

crankin
04-03-2014, 09:56 PM
I imagine the weight savings alone are worth it!

GHAZAN
04-04-2014, 12:25 AM
I picked one up...didn't know it was a screw off, thought whole headliner had to be dropped.

FormerPopOwner
04-06-2017, 08:22 PM
I purchased the CravenSpeed Stubby antenna (https://www.cravenspeed.com/the-stubby-antenna-for-fiat/) for my 2017 Fiat 500 Pop. I had purchased a Stubby for my 2012 Pop and was very satisfied with it. Unfortunately, the newer, stubbier model does not fit my 2017 Pop; the threaded stud is too skinny for the antenna port.

Anyone else purchase CS' Stubby? Anyone recommend a shorty antenna that does fit 2017 Fiat 500 Pops?