PDA

View Full Version : Owner's Threads

redred
05-24-2013, 08:15 PM
Just throwing this idea out there to the general public. I belong to a Mercedes 500E forum and one of the forum sections is an owners section. Each member of the forum who owns the car has a spot that they can throw up pictures of their car and update on mods, changes, etc. It's kind of like a garage, but a little more detailed and in thread form.

Basically each thread would start with a title:

OWNER: redred - 2012 Fiat 500 Abarth - Grigio

Then in the body of the thread would be photos, description, etc.

I really find it handy because it makes finding info on other's cars far easier. It's also handy for those that don't already have the car because then they can browse the threads for ideas, research, comments, etc....

What do you all think?

Berliner
05-24-2013, 08:18 PM
I am still an active Member on the Slk Forum and there lay out is pretty much the same as the E Forum. Very user friendly imho.

Tweak
05-24-2013, 08:42 PM
Good idea Stacey and I think you may want to mention it to Chris directly and see what he might be able to implement into the forum.

Fiat500USA
05-25-2013, 03:31 AM
Just saw this (before I'm going to sleep, LOL). Sounds interesting. I'll work on it when I get up in a couple of hours! gr_grin

Andree
05-25-2013, 04:55 AM
I'd like to see it sortable by alpha user name, year, model, and color. So I can choose as many of those as will bring up sections/threads. I could pull up '2012' and 'Grigio' to see any model in Grigio from 2012. Or I could choose 'Abarth' and get all years, all colors, all users with an Abarth, hardtop or convertible. Much like the inventory listings on the Fiat dealer sites.

With the new models, the 500L and 500e coming, being able to locate all posts in the owner's section for the new model could be very useful.

Another category to search that COULD be useful would be degree of modification. Stock, as it came from the dealer to race car off-road only. Maybe with multiple check boxes for an owner to choose from. So people can also check 'custom interior' or 'non-original exterior' like for paint or wraps.

I like sorting, found it invaluable when I was shopping for cars and wanting to look at pics of specific colors in different lighting.

Fiat500USA
05-25-2013, 12:42 PM
just throwing this idea out there to the general public. I belong to a mercedes 500e forum and one of the forum sections is an owners section. Each member of the forum who owns the car has a spot that they can throw up pictures of their car and update on mods, changes, etc. It's kind of like a garage, but a little more detailed and in thread form.

owner: Redred - 2012 fiat 500 abarth - grigio

then in the body of the thread would be photos, description, etc.

I really find it handy because it makes finding info on other's cars far easier. It's also handy for those that don't already have the car because then they can browse the threads for ideas, research, comments, etc....

What do you all think?

done!!

redred
05-25-2013, 01:33 PM
Awesome!! Thanks!!!

Fiat500USA
05-25-2013, 01:58 PM
Awesome!! Thanks!!!

Thank you for the great idea!

Mr. Man
05-26-2013, 04:59 AM
Just throwing this idea out there to the general public. I belong to a Mercedes 500E forum and one of the forum sections is an owners section. Each member of the forum who owns the car has a spot that they can throw up pictures of their car and update on mods, changes, etc. It's kind of like a garage, but a little more detailed and in thread form.

What do you all think?
http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/077/029/BRILLIANT_.jpg

Corrnaus
05-26-2013, 01:50 PM
This sections would also be great if people could post the links the any of the DIY thread they have started.. It would be handy to be able to see the mod then find a nice link instead of having to go through the DIY section. With all the people in the community now it is hard to keep track of all the great mods and changes people are making to their cars

Evelyn Salt
06-09-2013, 02:25 PM

What do you all think?

95% of members are all ready owners, so what's the point? ,aside from making things more complicated?
Any subject they want can be found with a quick search all ready. Members are interested In issueswith their cars, and since these cars are all Fiats, separating them by owner is basically useless. Just my 2 cents worth ....

redred
06-11-2013, 01:59 PM
Valid question. Basically I find it really interesting to see what others have done with their cars. I am also an amateur hobbyist photographer and love to see pics of cars. Basically the Owner's Threads is just a place to condense it all. I am not searching for anything at all. I'm just browsing in one convenient place.

That being said - let's get some more posts up here folks!!! 11 Owners have posted their cars. How about some more???

msligting
12-27-2017, 04:45 PM
OWNER: msligting - 2015 500 ABARTH CABRIO - Bianco

I've been a member for a while but haven't posted. I've had my Abarth for 2 years now and I absolutely it. A year later I bought a 2017 500X TREKKING ROSSO and love it as well.

SaveSaveSaveSave