PDA

View Full Version : Quick question on TMC digital tuning kit

ultramagnus
05-23-2013, 12:13 PM
Apologies for the question if it is really stupid but I am a little confused with the options available for tuning, power pedals, and throttle boosters.

Is this unit a throttle booster or is it a piggy back tuning? I was reading on one of the UK forums that some members love the feeling with this unit installed on the car increasing throttle response and the like.

I see a lot of members post about the MM box and the RR one, but those are piggy back tuning kits?
If they are separate, is it possible to have both installed on your car if you wish?

Again, thank you for the clarification.

FTY
05-23-2013, 12:34 PM
Apologies for the question if it is really stupid but I am a little confused with the options available for tuning, power pedals, and throttle boosters.

Is this unit a throttle booster or is it a piggy back tuning? I was reading on one of the UK forums that some members love the feeling with this unit installed on the car increasing throttle response and the like.

I see a lot of members post about the MM box and the RR one, but those are piggy back tuning kits?
If they are separate, is it possible to have both installed on your car if you wish?

Again, thank you for the clarification.

TMC/RRM are ECU Piggyback units. Sprint booster power pedals work with or without these units. The TMC/RRM units increase throttle response and power output and power pedals simply change the pedal throttle postion signal...for example NORMAL: 50% pedal depression = 50% throttle postion or half throttle POWER PEDAL: 25% pedal depression = 100% throttle position or full throttle(depending on what setting the units on). They dont create an more power but can enhance the driving experience. RRM/TMC ECU units increase HP/TQ signifigantly and sharpen throttle response by increasing power.

Hope this helps...its ok to ask questions..not a big deal at all.

Dwaynek
05-23-2013, 08:33 PM
i have the TMC unit installed with the sprint booster have run for 6 months no issues and very pleased with the results

05-24-2013, 09:50 AM
Both MM ECM and PP here, 36k and zero issues. Without these products Id sell the car - it shouldve left the factory like this!

500MADNESS.com
05-25-2013, 10:17 AM
We stock and install the:

TMC Engine Module
Magneti Marelli Engine Module
MADNESS Engine Module
Sprint Booster
MADNESS GOPedal
Magneti Marelli Power Pedal

So, if you ever have any questions we will be glad to help since we are very familiar with all of them and install them daily on ABARTHs that come in to our shop. If we can help give us a buzz at 562-981-6800.

ultramagnus
05-27-2013, 10:49 AM
thanks guys for the answers. Really helped, just wanted to post thanks