PDA

View Full Version : What is RRT 12-071? (Liftgate Emblem Paint Peeling)

pchop
05-22-2013, 06:03 PM
Just brought my Abarth to the dealer for an oil change and was informed that the car need a service bulletin called RRT 12-071. They don't really know what it is other than it's a reflash. But I already had a reflash last year and IIRC it was for the PCM.

Anyone know anything about this?

Fiat500USA
05-22-2013, 09:26 PM
Here you go:

THIS SERVICE BULLETIN IS ALSO BEING RELEASED AS RAPID RESPONSE
TRANSMITTAL (RRT) 12-071. ALL APPLICABLE SOLD AND UN-SOLD RRT VIN's
HAVE BEEN LOADED. TO VERIFY THAT THIS RRT SERVICE ACTION IS
APPLICABLE TO THE VEHICLE, USE VIP OR PERFORM A VIN SEARCH IN
TECHCONNECT. ALL REPAIRS ARE REIMBURSABLE WITHIN THE PROVISIONS OF
WARRANTY.

SUBJECT:
Liftgate Emblem Paint Peeling
OVERVIEW:
This bulletin involves inspecting and if necessary replacing the rear abarth liftgate emblem.
MODELS:
2012 FF 500 (Abarth Only)

NOTE: This applies to vehicles equipped with (sales code MEA) Abarth exterior
badging built before July 07, 2012 (MDH0707XX).

Read more here: TSB 23-035-12 Abarth Liftgate Emblem Paint Peeling (http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/showthread.php?8491-TSB-23-035-12-Abarth-Liftgate-Emblem-Paint-Peeling)

The note RRT 12-071 is burried in the TSB, so I can't blame them for not finding it. It took me a while to see what it was.

trevc
05-23-2013, 11:28 AM
Certainly not a reflash :)

Abarth Phreak
05-25-2013, 12:26 PM
Here you go:

THIS SERVICE BULLETIN IS ALSO BEING RELEASED AS RAPID RESPONSE
TRANSMITTAL (RRT) 12-071. ALL APPLICABLE SOLD AND UN-SOLD RRT VIN's
HAVE BEEN LOADED. TO VERIFY THAT THIS RRT SERVICE ACTION IS
APPLICABLE TO THE VEHICLE, USE VIP OR PERFORM A VIN SEARCH IN
TECHCONNECT. ALL REPAIRS ARE REIMBURSABLE WITHIN THE PROVISIONS OF
WARRANTY.

SUBJECT:
Liftgate Emblem Paint Peeling
OVERVIEW:
This bulletin involves inspecting and if necessary replacing the rear abarth liftgate emblem.
MODELS:
2012 FF 500 (Abarth Only)

NOTE: This applies to vehicles equipped with (sales code MEA) Abarth exterior
badging built before July 07, 2012 (MDH0707XX).

Read more here: TSB 23-035-12 Abarth Liftgate Emblem Paint Peeling (http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/showthread.php?8491-TSB-23-035-12-Abarth-Liftgate-Emblem-Paint-Peeling)

The note RRT 12-071 is burried in the TSB, so I can't blame them for not finding it. It took me a while to see what it was.

You can't blame the dealer service???? WTH!!!! Who SHOULD be able to find it then? If you found it, they most certainly should have been able to also right? They most certainly should not have also told the customer that it was a flash update without knowing for sure.

Ugg...

BTW, the only FIAT service tech at Dodge/Fiat of Thousand Oaks is named Tony. I had to giggle at it. Nice guy so far.

Fiat500USA
05-25-2013, 01:53 PM
You can't blame the dealer service???? WTH!!!! Who SHOULD be able to find it then? If you found it, they most certainly should have been able to also right? They most certainly should not have also told the customer that it was a flash update without knowing for sure.

Ugg...

Yeah you're right, that didn't come out the way I wanted, but hit the submit button 'cause i was in a rush and wanted to get that info out to pchop. It took me a lot of time to find this. I was going to change it but it was out there and I figured I'll take my lumps on it. I meant to say I'm not surprised because I expect people not to know what they are doing when I go in for service.

Hopefully the info helped someone...

Abarth Phreak
05-25-2013, 06:46 PM
Yeah you're right, that didn't come out the way I wanted, but hit the submit button 'cause i was in a rush and wanted to get that info out to pchop. It took me a lot of time to find this. I was going to change it but it was out there and I figured I'll take my lumps on it. I meant to say I'm not surprised because I expect people not to know what they are doing when I go in for service.

Hopefully the info helped someone...

LOL...much better stated and I agree.