PDA

View Full Version : new to forum need help on first mod

termite
05-22-2013, 07:35 AM
Hello all,picked up abarth last saturday and already have the mod bug
From sunday till now all I've been doing is searching forums and vendors.
Really want first mod to be intake because looks like stock intake is all plastic and very poorly designed. Was shocked to see that the stock intake air enters right above the hottest part of the engine compartment and thru a plastic pipe .
please help.trying to find which cia is the best without vaporlock issues.
Also should this be my first mod or should I do ecu tunefirst.

Dwaynek
05-22-2013, 09:15 AM
i have a tmc box and sprint booster. foa about 800 bucks you get a lot more power and easy to install. the didifference in performance is excellent!

trevc
05-22-2013, 09:19 AM
If I was to start over I think I would install the SprintBooster first.

Tweak
05-22-2013, 10:25 AM
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the Abarth! With so many options for mods it isn't easy to know which way to go when starting out as everyone has different end goals. I think my fav mod would be the ECU mod since it adds such a dramatic amount of power.

Deefourtay
05-22-2013, 02:11 PM
My 1st noticeable mod was the Madness GoPedal Pedal Booster, I love it.. It offers more adjustment than the competition. I run mine in Eco Mode for everyday use since it's a great improvement in throttle feedback for daily use! It has 3 settings (Eco, Sport, & Sport+ Aka Race).. Plus you can tune 3 clicks towards -/+ in each mode for more options.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/p206x206/538882_10151382726635784_576423264_n.jpg

termite
05-22-2013, 06:31 PM
thanks for the advice on tuning first I still own a mkiv jetta 1.8t and on vwvortex that is their first and foremost bang for the buck recommendation. What I am concerned about is the thin plastic intake.I've always thought plastic was bad for heat soak.do you have any recommendations on intake and ecu,and best place to buy them from?

termite
05-22-2013, 06:54 PM
which ecu or is the best between RRM,tmc,or MM

paxtonmarshall
05-22-2013, 07:36 PM
I have an RRM ECU, am very happy with power and no issues (no warning lights etc). It provides a dramatic increase in power and is relatively simple to install. Rob was also very helpful and will respond to emails if you have any issues. However have nothing to compare, did not try an mm or stock tmc.

termite
05-22-2013, 07:40 PM
how about factory warranty issues for using after market ecu

FTY
05-23-2013, 02:14 AM
how about factory warranty issues for using after market ecu

The RRM and TMC modules come with block off plugs. Simply disconnect RRM/TMC ECU and replace with plug that reroutes wiring to stock when going to the dealer.

Picture here:
http://eurocompulsion.net/rrm%20review.htm

termite
05-23-2013, 06:53 PM
thanks for recommendations on ecu will probably get RRM ecu BUT I still need recommendations on intake. the way I see it from the first look at the intake the air is heatsoaked as soon as it enters the intake with the thin plastic begining of the intake being over the hottest part of the engine compartment.

termite
05-23-2013, 07:29 PM
thanks for recommendation on ecu am really gonna to buy RRm ecu BUT need a highly recommended intake for the thin plastic intake that has to be without a doubt heatsoaked upon entry.

05-25-2013, 11:34 AM
EuroCompulsion V2 R3T is the one my friend... You wont find a bad word on it anywhere just very happy owners! Great guys, great product - buy it now ;)